IS Architect Resources

The aim of this blog is to capture recommended web resources for information system architects

Monday, January 24, 2005

Virtual Machines

C97063.pdf (application/pdf Object)
Virtual Machines rediscovered... 40 years on, at long last, something serious is happening in the world of microprocessors. A new generation of computer scientists reinvented the wheel that their fathers once developed for mainframes. I'm sad it took so long but delighted that they realised that without hardware support any VM 'architecture' was bound to be weak. "Segments", "descriptors" and so many nearly forgotten concepts will once again become fashionable ;-) Well, I may even pick up my original trade myself, given that I never gave up hope and become 'a manager'. I wonder what Dlbert thinks about VT-x...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home